Monday, April 11, 2011

These past few months.

These past few months have been the most hectic ever. Between failing every subject basically one week, and then becoming a genius in a matter of days, my production of Once Upon a Mattress ending while I tried to start getting ready for spring track: I was a mess.


My musical was a little less then a month ago. Oh gosh, what I learned from that experience. It made me realize plenty of things.


1.) DON'T TRY TO REPLICATE THINGS, IT WON'T WORK

It's like the sequel to the Sandlot, it just isn't as good. Last year, in 8th grade, I had a truly amazing experience in my school's drama club. Everything just added up to this formula for a great success. I was friends with everyone, the director had everything under control, the stage crew teacher was one of the coolest men on this planet, the play was a bit obscure and it was a learning process getting accustomed to it that made for great memories! So basically, I walked into this new experience, in a totally different school, with totally different people all in a completely different musical expecting it to be the same. And it wasn't. Which, is partially my fault. I can't just sit back and let whatever magic happened last time, just magically appear all over again. If you want something to be enjoyable, you make it enjoyable. And, for the most part I didn't. So I really didn't like some of the people, well that doesn't mean I sit and complain and talk about how I'd rather be at track. So I really hated staying at school until nine at night, well that doesn't mean I sit and complain and talk about how I'd rather be at track. So people were mean and my costume was horrendously funny, well that doesn't mean I sit and complain and talk about how I'd rather be at track.



Do you see a pattern?



2.) I LOVE TRACK.

When drama ended a lot of seniors (and even some lower classmen) made speeches about how drama is the best two/three months of their lives. How the relationships they've made will last for years after they graduate and how they just can't even describe the joy they get from coming here. And while the speeches moved me and on certain aspects I did agree with them, I kept on thinking of track while they rambled on and on about drama. And how every word they said was how I felt about track. I love going to practice, I love the people, I love the crazy situations we get into, I love running, I love the coaches, I love weight room conversations, I love playing potato chips in the lobby looking like an idiot, I love the stupid things we come up with, I love beating myself at meets, I love loving track. That's it. And I'm so happy I'm back. :)

Me today running my 100 :)

** Drama isn't all the hell-hole I portrayed it to be these past couple months, yes it made me threaten to kill myself multiple times a day I'd say but in the end, a show is a show. And if you get joy out of putting it on, it was worth it. And I did I love putting on the show and I definitely don't regret my decision on auditioning. Will I do it next year? Only time will tell, but as of now I don't hate drama, even though you might think I do. :) Song stuck in my head today: "Song of Love" from Once Upon a Mattress :P Keep on keepin' on, Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment