Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sometimes people have to be left out

In about 6 months I'm going to turn 16- scary I know.

My mom said we should decide if I'm having a party or not by the end of the summer, because if we are we need to start booking and getting prepared.

At first I was all gung-ho for this party, I thought it seemed like a great idea! I get to wear an amazing gown, I get to dance the night away with all my friends and family, eat my favorite foods, have everyone 'ooh' and 'awww' at my montage, make a playlist of music for my DJ. But then my parents informed me there's be a change of plans and a party is no longer in the future because we're going to Florida next April on a big trip with lots of relatives.

At first I was upset, I thought the party seemed like the easiest way to celebrate, you didn't have to think of anything besides a theme or what dress you were going to wear, but I realized (or rather my pointed it out to me) the reason why I was starting to love the idea of a party, when a few months ago I said I didn't care for a big bash, was because this way I didn't have to leave anyone out. I could invite everyone. Even those people that secretly I think are so fucking annoying, but I'm obliged to be friends with them. We all have those people, and I thought having a big party would be the easiest way to not have to deal with there "Why aren't I invited?! I thought we were close!", and even those awkward in-the-middle-friends. Where you're close, but you've only hung out a few times so you're unsure if you'd invite them to a small party or not.

But sometimes you have to step back, and just surround yourself with people you truly want to be with. I know you should always be kind, and I'm not saying that you have to rudely stop talking to them forever or something, but give them a hint. Let them down kindly.

Now I'm doing something smaller- but just as fun! - for my birthday. What yet, I do not know. But I'll probably go to the city with a couple friends and do something fun. I know once January rolls around I'm going to have to answer peoples nagging questions of, "Why was I not invited?". But sometime or another we all have to be the bearer of bad news.

Song stuck in my head today: "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" by Coldplay

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

1 comment:

  1. sometimes the best times are with the least people. I suppose the best times come out of the most unplanned things too. just remember to always have a good time anytime!

    ReplyDelete