Thursday, June 17, 2010

Glee Review #8: Funk (Season 2, Episode 8)

Funk was a good episode, I thought the songs weren't as great though. "Tell Me Something Good", while extremely funny was also full of awkward moments that made you wonder what the hell was going on. "It's A Man's Man's Man's World" was touching and somewhat inspirational but clouded by the pregnant teen dancers in the background that left the performance with a bad after-taste. "Give Up The Funk" and "Another One Bites The Dust" had to be my favorite songs of the episode, and watching everyone at Sheets N Things sing in "Loser" made me laugh so hard, it was adorable. "Good Vibrations" was just, good. I liked it but had to Youtube it to remember exactly what happened.

*No questions or usual extras due to a very delayed post, please check out my post entitled "Back to Basics: A WELL NEEDED Flower List Update" to read what kept you waiting! :(

Quotes!
"I'm so depressed, I've worn the same outfit twice this week." - Kurt
"That's what they said about a young man in Chicago in 1871, who thought he'd play a harmless prank on the dairy cow of one Mrs. O'Leary. He successfully ignited its flatulence, and a city burned, William. That young terrorist went on to become the first gay president of the United States, Abraham Lincoln." - Sue
"I thought Jews were supposed to be smart." - Terri
"You know, for me, trophies are like herpes. You can try to get rid of 'em, but they just keep coming. You know why? Sue Sylvester has hourly flare-ups of burning, itchy, highly contagious talent." - Sue
"Mr. Schue, Rachel's one of us. We're the only ones who get to humiliate her." - Kurt


Puck, Mercedes, and Finn performing "Good Vibrations"


Thanks for reading this sort, terrible review. Like I said, please check out "Back to Basics: A WELL NEEDED Flower List Update" for why I've been gone!

Song stuck in my head today: "How Far Do You Wanna Go?" by Gloriana

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment