Thursday, June 17, 2010

Glee Review #9: Journey (Season 2, Episode 9)

The title of the episode encompasses it all. Glee -so far, anyways- has been nothing but a journey. A journey to higher levels of talent, a journey to higher levels of respect and knowledge, a journey to new experiences and new friends, and of course: a journey to Regionals.

This episode surprised me, it was so perfectly done at some points that I cried. I cried when the rest of the glee club was crying at Mr. Schue's house. I cried when Rachel and Finn shared that blissful moment backstage, seconds before going on and singing "Don't Stop Believin'", where he said he loved her. I cried during "Bohemian Rhapsody" which shocked me at how lovely it ended up being. I didn't cry though when New Directions didn't win. I'm guessing that's when a lot of other people cried, but I sort of saw it coming. You knew at some point they had to throw a curveball! Shelby adopting Quinn's baby was something that made a lot of sense, but you didn't see it coming too much. I actually thought Quinn would end up keeping Beth. Will and Emma reuniting again was good, but I'm more excited to see John Stamos next season play Emma's new lover, Carl Howell the dentist.

All the songs were great, I wasn't necessarily loving some of their choices but they still performed them amazing.

My questions to be answered (hopefully!) next season!
1.) Since Shelby has adopted Beth, will that mean we'll never see her again?
I can't come up with a good plot line that would draw Idina Menzel's character back into the lives of our beloved New Direction's members, now that she is busy with raising a kid of her own. But who knows, Glee has some fantastic writers so maybe she'll come back next season!
2.) Will New Directions step it up now that they've been given a second chance?
Since McKinley High School's glee club didn't win Regionals, will they come back even stronger and more determined to place in the Ohio competition? I'm hoping so! I really want to see the glee club take it home- but deserve it! I'm hoping that their new songs and performances will be even better than what they've done before.
3.)What will happen to Terri's relationship with Finn?
In the episode "Funk" we saw Terri's eyes light up when she realized Finn was nothing but a "six-teen year old boy", will her new found fascination with the young high schooler and his connection to her ex-husband continue into the next season? Only time will tell! I really love seeing Terri still on the show, but I'm hoping nothing in their relationship gets too weird.

Here's your quotes for the last time until the next season!
"It's as barren as me in here, Will." - Sue
"Please. You think Puck and Santana are gonna even acknowledge my existence once we're not in glee club together anymore?" - Mercedes
"Brunettes have no place in show business." - Olivia
"I know you think I'm heartless, Will, and you may have a point: I spend large segments of each day picturing you choking on food, and I recently contacted an exotic animal dealer because I had a very satisfying dream that the two of us went to a zoo, and I shoved your face into one of those pink inflamed monkey butts that weeps lymph." - Sue
"I'm seriously going to puke in your mouth." - Sue

Thanks for reading, sorry to say that there's no photo for this post! Fox.com/glee/photos as much as I love it, isn't cooperating and the ones on Google aren't very good... wondering why I was so delayed in writing? Check out my post entitled "Back to Basics: A WELL NEEDED Flower List Update" Which I'll be adding tomorrow, Thanks again! Love you guys.

Song stuck in my head today: "How Far Do You Wanna Go?" by Gloriana

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

2 comments:

  1. oh!oh! i have a question! chose me!now that jesses done with :( and Vocal adrenile<--spelled that wrong... has already defeted them, will the new directions have some new competion next year??

    ReplyDelete