Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back to Basics: A Flower List Update

Have you been watching The World Cup?

16% said Yes! I love it!
66% said A little bit
16% said No, I listen to the news recaps...
16% said What's that?
50% said No way!
33% said Hahaha no.
16% said No, I want to though.
and...
16% said I play soccer, but I don't follow it... wierd I know

As you might know, I play soccer myself. But I have to relate with the last poll choice. Soccer is super fun for me but I definitely am not as in love with it as much as some of my MLS crazed friends. This World Cup though, I've been trying my best to keep up to date with the games. I've watched a good part of a couple games and listened to the sports recaps during the morning news. My friends and relatives have surely tried to get me more hooked.

Watching a major league soccer game is thrilling. I'm constantly awed with the athletic skills these players have. A lot of people find it boring, and say that the whole game is just passes back and forth, and back and forth; but that makes the rarity of an amazing goal even better! It shows how talented these athletes are. Those of you who watch the games (especially year round, not just when the whole world feels obligated): KUDOS! For my readers who've been trying to keep up, much like myself: hopefully we'll get there one day and will be watching the games all in the know. For the one voter out there who didn't know what The World Cup even was: you have some homework! And, I hope those of you who don't watch it at all will soon gain a liking for the most popular and viewed game in the world, but if not keep enjoying and pursuing your own pastimes and passions!

Today- I hope you are all very proud! -I watched all 122 minutes of The World Cup final game!!! And after nearly a dozen cards, and free kicks later, CONGRATULATIONS SPAIN! It was so much fun to watch with my friends and I hope you all got to see some of it (:



Sorry for all the messed up postings! I'm getting back in the groove of blogging, so after I add a couple delayed posts from my vacation things will be back to normal!

Song stuck in my head today: "Life Is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment