Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Look In The Mirror Helps The Medicine Go Down

It's really hard to take your own advice. You can throw around insightful tips and hints to your friends like there's no tomorrow, but how many of those things do you actually do yourself? When I think of the helpful adive I've given to people, I feel gross because I know I've never done half of those things. I can't tell you how many times I've told my friends to just get it over with and tell the person they like how they feel because if they reject you, they're just not good enough for you anyways, so you should move on. Have I done that? Rarely. Life would be a heck of a lot easier if we just listened to ourselves - in my case anyways. I think I'm lazy. That must be it, I'm always saying that I need to get up and DO SOMETHING. Why just sit around when I could be doing something great?! And what are my excuses? I'm too tired, I'm can't think of anything to do, I can't do that, I'm too old or too young to even try that.... I could write a novel. I really hope I'll learn my own lesson, get a taste of my own medicine. I'd be a much better person. Well, I'm working on it somewhat. I'm trying. I know that's not good enough, but I'm not sure if I'll ever reach my expectations. I know I can, but I don't know if I will. I hope I do!
So what have you been telling others or yourself? What's that one thing you wish you could change, or start? Think about it.



Feel free to comment with your thoughts on any of my posts, there's been a lack of them! :)
Song stuck in my head today: "Tell Me Why" by Taylor Swift
Keep on keepin' on,
Madison

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your post on the Buried Life comments section about 'What do you want to do before you die' and thought I'd come check out your blog! Where do you blog from? I'm guessing somewhere in AZ from the cactus fruit post..? Where is your 'bucket list' of things you want to do? Awesome blog, keep up the inspiring posts. ~ Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I'm so glad you saw that 'cause I was totally just thinking "What the heck! I might as well share the link! Maybe someone will see it.". Thanks so much for reading and I actually don't live in Arizona... I'm on the east cost (: I found the pear cactus in a local supermarket and found a sorbet made from it in AZ that I really want to try. Here's the links for my posts that have a picture of my list! (1-14 on the first link 15-31 on the second)

    http://theflowerlist.blogspot.com/2010/04/back-to-basics-flower-list-update.html

    http://theflowerlist.blogspot.com/2010/06/back-to-basics-well-needed-flower-list.html

    Thanks again! Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete