Sunday, July 25, 2010

Back To Basics: A Flower List Update

Have you ever traveled out of your country?
25% said Yup
0% said No
75% said I wish!
0% said I've never even been out of my own state!
and...
0% said A few times!!

Recently, as you may or may not know, I traveled to Iceland for a week to visit my best friend. It was my first time traveling out of my country alone and I was very anxious for that reason. If I hadn't been on plenty of plane rides before going alone to Iceland, I think my traveling wouldn't have gone as smoothly as it did. Going on the plane alone was fine! I was proud of myself, but at the same time wondered why I should be proud, I mean it's just a plane ride!! Who cares? But in the months leading up to my trip I was really nervous and wondered if I'd go through with it.

I love Iceland. It's gorgeous and everything about it just seems so wonderful. I don't think I could survive the long winters though, but the spring, summer, and early fall are amazing. My best friend and I had tons of fun while we were together and I got to snap quite a few nice pictures without spending all my time behind a camera. Here's some pictures from my visit I thought I'd share with you!


My best friend, Svana petting one of the horses at a nearby farm
Svana and I jumping in front of a waterfall :P

Svana and I at a beach! My first visit to a black sand beach :)

Moi!

An abandoned house we found (the spot of red/orange is me!)

I have to confess, at one point I started crying because the whole landscape of Iceland was so beautiful. I guess I'm just that kind of person.
I hope all of you will get to experience something like I had in your lifetime, wheter it be miles and miles away from where you are now or just down the block.
Wow! I can't believe it's been EIGHT DAYS since I last posted.... crazy. Well I guess that just shows how much I love my family! (: My cousin Emily just came up to visit for a while, and I've been so busy with her. But thank you for reading this (someone has to be!) even though I've been horrid this past month especially.
Song stuck in my head today: ....

Keep on keepin' on,
Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment