Monday, January 31, 2011



My new favorite type of people are the people that call winter their favorite season.

Lately, it hasn't been mine.

I try to go for a run yesterday, it stunk. The roads weren't paved, I jumped through mounds upon mounds of snow, and my throat was on fire. Colds are just a weekly occurrence in the winter. I've never hated the winter before, and I do not hate it now either, but I've never not liked it so much. It's making me feel bad.

I think winter tests you. Especially if you're alone. It gives you this harsh weather and says: will you stay in or out? If you stay in will it be to be lazy? Will you use me as an excuse to watch TV all day? Or to procrastinate? Or will you sit at home with your resources and be inspired? Will you learn about new countries, faraway ideas? Will you try to help people? Will you sit and think for a while and act on your mind? Think about it. With all the off time we have here and then in the winter, we could be sitting behind our computers not tweeting, or playing FarmVille but organizing charities, or doing something!

Or just go outside.





I go outside when I can't handle things. I go outside when everything inside is just to much. I go outside at every chance I get.


But not lately.


So maybe that's why this winter has seemed hard.


Today I visited my old middle school (old? oh gosh). I walked home the way I used to walk home every day last year. And I missed it. I missed the walk. I've walked everywhere else in this freaking town but I missed that walk. I missed it because it seemed routine. It was natural. I loved every second of it today. I had it great back then, being able to/from school every day. Doesn't everybody just need a walk once in a while? I swear, I was having such a bad day but visiting my old school and taking the walk home was one of the best things that happened to me today.


So next time you're in the dumps, please just talk a walk for me. Force yourself to. Wheter it be 105 degrees out or below zero. Sometimes we have to make ourselves do things.




Saw this picture when I searched for walk, I died. Hope you like it.(:


Song stuck in my head today: Link m'dears at the top...


Keep on keepin' on,


Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment