Sunday, January 2, 2011

Just a thought, am I wrong?

Reason #34 I'm happy I'm not a Mets fan: I would cringe calling my team's stadium Citi Field




I went to the Jets game this yesterday. It was my first ever NFL game. I've been to MLB and NBA games but never a NFL game. Being to another major sporting event though, made me realize just how bombarded with advertisements we are in America. The gate I entered into the stadium was called "Pepsi Gate" and my section was the "Verizon Section". Countless times during the game we were reminded to check out this brand of chips, or go visit this bank because remember! they're the ooofficial ____ of the Jets. And just in case you forget about that during the actual game, you can always look conveniently to your right or left to be yet again reminded of the sponsors of this stadium.

I thought about this in Iceland for a bit also. Their capital city seemed lightyears away from ours. Well, maybe not that much but still RVK is their major city right? Well comparing that to NYC is a joke. Everything's not on top of each other there either, sure of course there's is advertising why wouldn't there be?! There has to be. But the thing is with America, it's soo obnoxious. It's everywhere. Everywhere.

Song stuck in my head today: "Exodus" by Bob Marley & The Wailers

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment