Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Back to Basics: A Flower List Update

How often do you regret things, or wish you could turn back time?

20% said ALL the time. Who doesn't?
0% said Here and there, I don't think about it much.
40% said I try not to think about it. What's done is done!
40% said It keeps me up at night, I'll admit it.
and...
0% said Never. I've done nothing I regret.


‎"and there we were. together, but not together. not knowing what the hell we were doing."

It hurts to keep things bottled up inside. There are too many moments that I have the chance to really let something out, and it always just gets lost in the layers of emotions and I can't get it out. So, wheter something happened a few minutes ago or a few years, most psychs or whatever say that you should LET IT OUT. Even if it's something you might view as minuscule, if you keep thinking about it, tell that person! But...

on the other hand. Should we let "bygones be bygones"? The other day I apologized to a friend for doing something mean I haven't realized I've been doing to him for a while now until someone did the same thing to me! He was really sweet about it and appreciated the gesture but didn't see why it bothered me so much. So we started talking about what I did wrong, and then talking about it made me do the thing I was trying to stop doing. Ugh it was bad.

But it felt good! At least we both addressed what was going on. So, I may not have changed my ways entirely but at least let him know I realized what I was doing and I'm trying to think more about his feelings when I say stuff. That's why I think it's good to talk about things. But...

What if something happened let's say 2/3 years ago and you're always thinking about it. But you know that if you brought it up to the person you shared this confusing moment with, it could break or make your friendship. They might think that you're either really brave or completely insane. What would you do? Because as you sit here, waiting for the pieces to fall back into place the way you want them to. You know there's a chance that may never happen. And if it doesn't you at least deserve the truth.


Song stuck in my head today: "Rhythm Of Love" by Plain White T's

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment