Monday, December 13, 2010

Glee Review #19: "A Very Glee Christmas" (Season 2, Episode 9)

Christmas and Glee one of my two favorite things!

*SPOILER ALERT*

"We Need a Little Christmas" was GREAT but I really wish we heard more of it! "Merry Christmas Darling" was a typical Rachel ballad, I miss our old sweet Rachel! Why must there also be some dramatic song of hers? Half the time I'll fall asleep during them. "Baby It's Cold Outside" was completely adorable and perfect in every way. "Last Christmas" was extremely appropriate. I hope Rachel finally moves on, because she's making it even worse for her and Finn to have any kind of professional relationship!


There wasn't much drama in this episode except for the inevitable Rachel and Finn situation, besides that though the only things I could think of to write about was Bieste's talk, as Santa, with Brittany. Hearing her talk about her childhood made me tear up! In the end when Artie got his ability to walk, it was crazy! What a miracle I didn't expect! Finn's persistance to keep the holiday spirit was really endearing and Sue's "Grinch" escapade was hiiiilarious!

A couple quick questions....
1.) Will Artie's artifical whatevers..! effect the show at all?
Will this prevent or help Artie from performing with the glee club? I'm wondering how much of a change his life will be, and if this will strengthen his relationship with Brittany. I STILL find it odd they're a couple, it's just one of those things I will never get over!
2.) When will Kurt and Blaine go out?!
Why is it taking so long for these two to get together, it seems like they both are very forward people and I'm shocked nothing has happened yet. In this episode didn't Kurt admit to Will that he liked Blaine?! Why the holdup?!
3.) Any Cheerios news in the coming episode?
Last season we caught a huge look into Sue's cheerleading centered world, even Mercedes and Kurt were part of it at a time! It seems that besides the uniforms in every episode, Sue's track suit and Becky's assistance we haven't seen much drama between the cheerleaders in a while.



The glee club singing "We Need a Little Christmas"

And your quotes...!
"When does Asian Santa arrive?" - Tina
"You've gotten really tan." - Brittany
"Just know you have rights." - Brittany
“Last year I left my stocking up over Christmas vacation and an entire family of mice started living in it. Their Christmas gift to each other was rabies.” - Brittany
“I told my parents that I only want one thing for Christmas this year: Stop friend requesting me on Facebook.” - Artie“Remember: Even the smallest envelope is heavy for an elf.” - Brittany
“I want Channing Tatum to stop being in stuff.” - Mike
“You don’t know how many kittens I’ve given away because they haven’t been just right.” - Rachel

Question for you Gleeks: Was this our season finale?! I'm so confused, I didn't hear any promotion saying it was but it must be because the next episode (at least on certain websites) will air after the Super Bowl on February 6th. It's the most expensive post-superbowl TV episode yet and will feature the songs "Thriller" and "Bills, Bills, Bills". Huh. I can't believe I didn't know this!

Song stuck in my head today: "Bed Intruder Song" by Antonie Dodson & The Gregory Brothers

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment