Sunday, March 13, 2011

Glee Review #24: "Sexy" (Season 2, Episode 5)

This had to be one of Glee's most criticized episodes. Was it too racy for a show that's on at eight o'clock that some children watch? Maybe.

*SPOILER ALERT*

"Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)" was a little much. But Holly's statement at the end of the song did make you think, but do you think it made anyone think about it that much? "Animal" was good vocally but hilarious otherwise! I don't know about you but I don't consider guys with bubbles and beach balls as sex symbols... oh and Kurt's faces! "Kiss" was interesting... Like I said I'm not a huge fan of this Will-Holly relationship. "Landslide" was amazing! Just purely great. I died the minute I heard the first chords of "Afternoon Delight"! I don't know about you but whenever I hear that song I automatically think of the movie Anchorman with Will Ferrel! It was hysterical and I love Emma's innocence.

When the episode started off with Brittany's scare of a pregnancy I was scared myself. Throwing another pregnancy into this show would've turned me off a lot. It makes me think of Secret Life of the American Teenager and I can't stand that show. But I'm glad it was just another classic Brittany joke scenario. The scene between Kurt's dad, Burt and Blaine was great. I understood where Burt was coming from but I didn't think Blaine was overstepping. He's a really good friend to Kurt. Santana's 'new' love for Brittany, well I just hope that Glee can keep writing that scenario well. I don't think the whole concept of it is crazy but I just hope they keep talking about it throughout the season because Santana was really distraught over it and for it to only be the subject of one episode would be stupid. I think her desire for Brittany makes a lot of sense, but Brittany just doesn't make sense in general so I don't know how she'll deal with it. And how does Artie not know of any of this?!

My questions:
1.) Where are Tina, Mercedes and Mike?!
It seems that Glee only focuses on Puck, Lauren, Quinn, Rachel, Finn, Kurt, Santana and Brittany now. Even Sam has been pushed to the side! But honestly where is Mercedes of all! Has she had an episode about her this whole season?!
2.) How will this Santana/Brittany relationship end?
Obviously Santana has a lot of thinking to do. She just assumed that Brittany would be with her because she told Brittany she loved her. But Brittany is so very lost. I'm really curious to see how this all plays out.
3.) Is this the last we'll see of Holly?
The ratings must shoot up when Gwyneth Paltrow came on the show. But after how this episode has been recepted do you think she'll be back on for a third time?


Members of the celibacy club performing "Afternoon Delight"

Your quotes!

"I get my information from Woody Woodpecker cartoons." - Brittany

"My sextape with J.D. Salinger was a disaster." - Holly

"And why would you get that tattoo there?" - Kurt

"My lips are sealed just like your legs!" - Holly

"The key is to use your curling iron in the bathtub to keep you from being burnt." - Brittany

"Once on a dare, I swallowed a thumbtack. And I'm about 90% sure it's still there." - Puck

"We watch the Housewives shows, which are racy. So, so racy." - Emma

"A nooner is when you sneak out for desert in the middle of the day... right?" - Emma

"I made out with a mannequin. I even had a sex dream about a shrub that was in the shape of a person." - Santana

Next episode is Regionals! Kathy Griffin and Loretta Devine will be the guest judges for this episode. The songs we will hear are... "Blackbird" "Candles" "Get It Right" "Hell to the No" "Loser Like Me" "Misery" "Raise Your Glass". I'm excited for "Misery" and "Blackbird" and of course Rachel's original song (which I'm guessing is "Hell to the No"?). I've been wrong with the song choices before so remember not all of these songs are guaranteed to be a part of the episode!

Song stuck in my head today: ...

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment