Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back to Basics: A Flower List Update

The Flower List.


You're probably wondering why I call it that. Yes, I've gotten many questions about it before. But you see, the term "Bucket List" in my point of view is a stupid term. I mean, tell me, who thinks about buckets when they think of death! Now, you may ask me me, "Well who think's of flowers when they think of death?" But I have my own rational explanation.


I've unfortunately been to many funerals in my lifetime, which means many wakes since most people I know follow some form of Christianity. If you don't know what a wake is, it's held before a person's funeral, family and friends come to a funeral home and come to see the person who has died, the casket could be opened or not. That takes place maybe twice a day for two days. At most wakes, there are lots of flowers, the whole room starts to smell like a greenhouse! So, it may seem weird that that's the first thing I think of, but it works for me.


Just now, I Googled "where did the term bucket list come from", and I guess I'm not the only one wondering this, because it came up right away.


Here is what I got from WikiAnswers: someone contemplating suicide would place a rope around a rafter, place the noose around their neck and stand on a bucket. The bucket would then be kicked away and the person would hang until dead. hence the phrase "kick the bucket".


Now, I'm sorry as hard as life gets I never see suicide as an option! So thinking of flowers works much better for me! But, hey you learn something new everyday!


Some people have asked me what else is on The Flower List, well I'm going to post a picture of it that I scanned (thanks, EPSON!) right here... this isn't the end of it! It's going to be pages long soon! So I hope you like it, and maybe get some inspiration do to some crazy things. Also take note that "Be Able To Do a Split" is #4, sorry I didn't have that info for you yesterday!

I'll give you guys another picture every time I make a new page.

Song stuck in my head today: "Carry Out" by Timbaland ft. Justin Timberlake

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment