Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Flower List #7: Start a Blog

As my first post, I'd just like to let anyone out there reading this (I hope someone's reading this!) know some things about me and this blog. My name's Madison and I'm blogging about things that I want to share with the world, and accomplishing my Flower List. My Flower List is the list of things I want to do before I die. People always ask me why I have a "Bucket List" at such a young age. Well, I've realized that life is way to good and way too short to just sit around, and I need to start making some goals, and have some adventures. That's what this is all about, adventures. And every time I accomplish something I'll have the same format blog title, and write about it. Thanks to Blogger I can cross of number seven! But I don't have high expectations, I just hope to make people think, inspired, and have some readers. I've realized I set my expectations way too high in the past, so just one reader would put a smile on my face. Anyways, enough with introductions! I find them way too boring and vague. So here's the start of my 'real' blog,

For days I've been waiting for the trees in my town to change. You know, when their bare branches turn into beautiful canvases for white flowers at the beginning of spring. And so far there's only been buds. I woke up this morning, hoping as I'd walk to school that they'd finally bloom. But, no luck. So I'm walking home from my first track practice today (which is a whole 'nother story) and halfway during my trek home, I stop suddenly in the sidewalk noticing the rows of flower covered pear trees framing my street, scaring my neighbor.

Then, in the blissful glory of all these trees I'm about to cross a street and I here a way too familiar voice yell, "Hey! Ho!". I know automatically this is my sister, because she's been singing that randomly for the past week. Then I see my dad on his bike, riding along side her in the street with my little sister in one of those hitchable tent things for babies. My dad came up and explained he was going to surprise me at track but they started riding home once I called and told them it ended at four, not five. And just to add to the list of good things that happened after that, I saw my family friend picking up his car from outside my house, I had a sudden craving for orange juice which is really weird because I normally hate orange juice, and then my sister and I both spontaneously got cotton candy ices from the ice cream man.

Now, I'm one of those people where the little things turn my whole day around. So all these little great events after another made me extremely happy. But besides my normal behavior, I got to thinking if the world just has these moments made to cheer us up. Because when I think of it, I was walking home from my first day of track, sweating like a pig, and mad because I waited at the school for my friend who didn't end up walking with me, and as soon as I step onto my block I'm hit with a wave of tiny miracles. I wanted to put this here, to see what who ever may be reading this, had to say in the matter. Had you ever had those moments, out of the blue where the world seemed to be sending you some sort of message?

Song stuck in my head today: "All My Lovings" by The Beatles

^^ I'll always write that 'cause there's always a song in my head and hopefully you might learn of a new song and YouTube it! Hope you do (:

So thanks once again to Blogger and everyone for helping my cross off #7.... let's hope it wasn't a waste to put it on there, but hey you learn from your mistakes. Expect new posts everyday.... if not it's 'cause I was probably too busy or had nothing too blog worthy!

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

2 comments:

  1. do you ralize how much inspiration that just gave me??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I thought the other one might've been more inspirational... teehee. Thank you Stephers!

    ReplyDelete