Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Flower List #39: Watch a sunrise

My bus that drives me to school leaves early in the morning. I'm outside waiting at my street corner by 6:45. This, is just when the sun is basically done rising. It's still slightly dark out and on a rare occasion you can still see the moon. On the days when I'm not curing at my feet for how cold it is out, I look up. And it's magnificent. It really is. All the colors, the clouds just starting to form. The birds' outlines contrasting against the sun. Then it hit me that I've always wanted to watch the sunrise. It wasn't on my Flower List yet, so I added it and then crossed it off last Saturday!

I got up at a little before six o'clock because I wanted to watch the whole sunrise. Not just when part of the sky's black and the other half is all technicolor. I wanted to be outside when everyone was inside, when the moon was watching over us. It was definitely cool, and I definitely want to do it again because my sunrise was more like a moonset. From my back deck, where I was watching the sunrise, I had a crystal clear view of the moon, but the sun was lost behind my neighbors trees. It was still a really nice experience but I didn't get to see the center of it all, the sun. I just saw all the great colors and clouds surrounding it.

When I first walked outside I could tell already I picked a not so good day to do this. Here I am sitting on my deck chair in my green slippers, these red thermal legging things my mom got me for Christmas, a t-shirt and my fluffy green with white stars bathrobe and the wind is howling. Leaves that have survived the snow from November are blowing all around, things were falling down and knocking over and I'm in my own little corner trying to keep warm and not miss a minute of my show.


I thought I'd take pictures to show you how pretty it was but my fingers were locked into my sides to keep warm and like I said, you couldn't really see the sun that well. So the pictures wouldn't of been that great anyways.

It was a weird but pleasant experience overall, it taught me patience because I was sitting there for over an hour slowly waiting for the sun to awake. I thought about it for a bit afterwards and anyone else who would've seen me must've thought I was crazy. Y'know just chilling in the 30 degree weather outside at five a.m. But it was worth it. It was just cool! I can't explain it that well. It was funny. I woke up at before five watch the sun come up, and hopped back in bed. No one but a few friends I told and my sister knew I was out there. My sister was too tired to join me. It was just me, the sun and the moon for an hour. And it was very nice.

Song stuck in my head today: "I'll Do Anything" by Jason Mraz

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment