Thursday, February 17, 2011

Glee Review #20: "The Sue Sylvester Suffle" (Season 2, Episode 10)

Welcome back Glee! Yes, yes, yes, this review is late I know so watch my blog just be bombarded with backed up Glee reviews this week! Hopefully you're a fan. As always...

*SPOILER ALERT* (It's been a week or so, I'd think you would have watched it by now!)

"California Gurls" was a hilarious way to start the show! The things Sue comes up with... "Need You Now" was really good. Puck + that guitar = always a great song! "She's Not There" was a good surprise. I didn't know the club was performing any other songs in almost full zombie mode but the last number. "Bills, Bills, Bills" was AMAZING. I think I'm in love with the Warblers as much as I'm in love with New Directions. Is that bad? Finally, "Thriller"/"Heads Will Roll" was an amazing mashup as expected. Who comes up we these mashups?! They deserve tons of recognition.
Since this episode was aimed at drawing in new viewers, there wasn't too much drama going on. The only scandalous thing worth writing about is Finn's kiss with Quinn. I mean, come on! Make up your mind kid. That goes for the both of you. This leads me to my questions...
1.) Will Quinn and Finn become an item again?
It's hard to keep track of all the hook-ups on Glee and these two seem to be the start of them all. When will all this confusing drama finally come a close?! I honestly don't see a good relationship in these two, so I'm hoping Quinn does break it of with Sam but not for Finn. Just to save Sam from her uncertainty.
2.) Is this the end of the glee club vs. the football team?
This little experiment seemed to really work, at times. Will this finally end the bitter tension between these two groups once and for all? Or just have things simmer down for a while?
3.) Is Quinn, Santana, and Brittany's quit from the cheerios permanent?
The girls seemed pretty happy to relieve themselves of Sue's tight grip on their lives, but we all know too well how these things go. Is it only a matter of time before they get sucked back into pom poms and protein shakes?

The glee club, featuring the football team, performing their mashup of "Thriller" and "Heads Will Roll" for the huge crowd at the championship half-time game.

Here are your quotes.....

"I don't want to die yet. At least not until One Tree Hill gets canceled." - Brittany

"Is it the new raccoon hormones my doctor gave me?" - Sue

"I'm not singing no show tunes. That is the music of my oppressors." - Football team member

"Ladies my Suclear weapon." - Sue

"And that, Brittany, is so 2000 and late." - Sue

Some misc. things...

  • I loved Becky smashing the canon with champagne!
  • The Bieste singing along to "Need You Now" was great.
  • The 'Artie Rolls' sign at the football game was too cute.
  • As I'm watching the episode, I'm wondering how we don't notice small things in TV like how they're playing football yet it's the middle of February? High school football ends come November!

Song stuck in my head today: "Misery" by Maroon 5

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment