Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day! ♥


Oh, Valentine's day. I don't hate it, (well maybe sometimes) but I don't LOVE it either.


Some people say they dislike Valentine's day because everyday should be filled with love, and they're absolutely right. But sometimes the non-romantics out there need a little nudge, and Hallmark definitely seems to benefit from it. My Valentine's day is never anything really special. I mean I'm never in a relationship when it rolls around so all my yummy chocolate and little bears holding hearts come from friends and family. This year my mom gave me and my sister candy in a heart shaped container, and cards of course. Any holiday staple! My mom found this awesome Glee card for me ('cause she's amazing) and it really made my day. So what I don't have a boyfriend! I have my family, I'm loved by people who really really care about me. I mean does it make me upset that I don't have a 'special person' to be with this 14th of February? Sure, of course. But I'm not going to spend the night watching The Notebook with a pint of Haagen Daz (get real, Pretty Little Liars is on!). Because love isn't constricted to boyfriend and girlfriend, love is the affection you have for your mom or dad, your siblings, your aunts, uncles, grandparents, best friends, whoever. Your dog, your fish even! So today celebrate the love you have for others, whoever they may be. And try to get your hands on some chocolate or Necco hearts if you're able to! ;)
But, if you're still feeling lonely on V-Day. Click here, I think you can laugh at something everyone goes through at some point.

Song stuck in my head today: "All You Need Is Love" by the cast of Across the Universe

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment