Saturday, February 19, 2011

LADY GAGA

Living in this day and age I'd find it shocking if you have never heard of Lady Gaga. Everyone has their opinions on her. Her fans see her as original, an inspiration. A trendsetter and someone who's fearless and knows what shes doing (or maybe not, and that's what's appealing). People who don't like her think she's just another manufactured puppet. An artist whos style and actions come from a team of producers and thinkers, and can someone say: Madonna? She's constantly doing something that's landed her in the news. Wheter it be her latest defying outfit or what she said in an interview, Lady Gaga has the press wrapped around her fingers.

Me? I'm yet to put any of her hits onto my iPod. But I am one click away from purchasing "Speechless" and "Born This Way". Those two songs I do like from her. I think those who compare her to Madonna, are right too but they shouldn't say that Lady Gaga isn't original. She is. People look to the past for inspiration, and Lady Gaga has cited Madonna as one of hers. History is bound to repeat itself and there's only so much originality you can get out of one person. Is is a crime that her latest hit is reminiscent of 80s Madonna? No. Is the world going to end because, just like Madonna Lady Gaga is a revolutionary artist that is breaking the molds of fashion? Not at all. I believe that what Lady Gaga produces is real. She started off as a songwriter and many of her songs became hits so now she wanted to take her talent for herself, as she should! I love hearing her talk about fame, because she is, as she calls herself, a master of it. Not just because she's selling record by the millions and selling out stadiums in seconds, but because of the way she's accomplished that. She knows what to tell the media, how to act, how to promote her albums, how to eat, whatever! She's studied past music icons and have taken things that have made them a success and a failure into account and is trying to apply that to her own career. She's smart. But everything she does, I believe, is herself. Would I rather be listening to Frank Sinatra or The Black Keys? Sure. Any day. But I like seeing what Lady Gaga does, I like hearing her new music. Just because I'm not in love with every single song doesn't mean I can't be pro-Gaga. Keep doing what you're doing.



Watch this. Amazing.

Song stuck in my head today: "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment