Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Glee Review #12: "Grilled Cheesus" (Episode 3, Season 2)

I'M SO SORRY I'VE BEEN BEHIND, I WAS BUSY WITH SCHOOL ELECTIONS AND WAS AWAY THIS COLOMBUS WEEKEND WITHOUT COMPUTER ACCESS!

This episode did not in anyway disappoint, while some thought it was too sad I felt it was amazing! The storylines were so heartfelt and endearing, and you really saw the glee club come together in the end.

*SPOILER ALERT* (By now you should've watched it though!)

It's a proven fact that any guy with a guitar is automatically swoon worthy, and the fact that Puck did a Billy Joel song made it even better. I LOVED "Only The Good Die Young", the whole club got into it and it was all great. "Papa Can You Hear Me".... well it proves that the writer's go to length to fit Rachel Berry in for a solo. It was great, but took a while to set in and was a bit overwhelming. As an avid Beatles fan I love the song "I Want To Hold Your Hand". I think it's one of the best love songs. But after "Grilled Cheesus" I will never look at it the same. The point of view that Kurt had while singing this song, did a total 180 from what we were use to with this classic ballad. It blew my mind. The other song I was most looking forward to, "Losing My Religion", did not disappoint at all. Finn delivered it beautifully and I loved every second. Seeing Mercedes sing "Bride Over Troubled Water" was great, I loved Kurt's hat in that scene!

Besides the obvious fact that Kurt's dad was sick in this episode, not much other drama came into play. I thought the whole fiasco with Burt Hummel was written well, and the only other side note I made was about Finn's wish to become quarterback again. While I'm glad he's back in the glorified position, as he should, I was shocked at how it came to him! But as you see, Sam will be returning next episode (tonight AH!) and I'm super stoked for that.

My questions... (hard to come up with!)
1.) Since Sam is injured in the football game, will he get a different storyline?
If you don't religiously and intently listen to the last minute after the credits roll, you'll see in the preview for next week's episode that, yes, Sam is back, and has his eyes on a certain head cheerleader...
2.) Will Burt's recovery pull together or strain Finn and Kurt's relationship?
Dealing with his dad's condition was hard for Kurt especially when he realized just how badly Finn was affected by it too. Now that Burt is all well again will Kurt push past things aside, and just be happy for his dad or will things stay the same?
3.) When will the love triangle of Artie, Mike, and Tina reach a boiling point?
Next week, I know there is some action between these three, but will this issue finally be resolved?! I'm excited for Mike's first solo. Whoohoo!

(Quick mention!) I thought Finn's wish to touch Rachel's boobs, as weird as it might have come off to others, was sweet in a way. The writers didn't come up with some other desire for Finn, they really gave him one that any other teenage boy would have! Some people thought it was awkward, but I applaud them for writing something realistic like that and not doing it in a too provocative way.


The glee club sings "One of Us"

Here's your quotes!
"Whenever I pray I fall asleep." - Brittany
"Is God an evil dwarf?" - Brittany
"This country isn't a monarchy William, trust me I've tried." - Sue
"Heart attacks are just from loving too much." - Brittany
"Now I know what Miley feels like." - Brittany
"I realize you're only half orangutan, but I'm still very allergic to your lustrous ginger mane." - Sue
"And last week you had to camp out early so you could be first in line for those Grey's Anatomy DVDs." - Burt
"I did a book report on heart attacks if you want to give it to the doctor. It got knocked down an entire letter grade because it was written in crayon." - Brittany

Tonight's episode titled "Duets" is going to be (hopefully) really great. I like that after all this drama they're getting back to their fun and old school glee club competitions that always make for interesting pairs, funny dialogue, and great songs. The twist though, it that new characters Sam starts to get the hots for Quinn Fabray?! Yep, I'm excited. The songs are...
"River Deep - Mountain High"
"Happy Days Are Here Again" / "Get Happy"
"Le Jazz Hot!"
"Don't Go Breaking My Heart"
"Lucky"
"Sing!"
Do they mean "Lucky" by Jason Mraz (AKA my future husband?) hope so. :)

Song stuck in my head today: "Loosing My Religion" by the cast of Glee

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment