Thursday, October 14, 2010

Glee Review #13: "Duets" (Episode 4, Season 2)

A simple, sweet, and saucy episode of Glee may not have satisfied many viewers this week, but I for one was happy with it. You can't always have an amazing episode!

*SPOILER ALERT*

Music, music, music. I always love glee club competitions. They make for great collaborations and edgy songs. "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" was simple, cute, and all around great. "River Deep - Mountain High" was super fun and upbeat, Santana was really getting into it! "Le Jazz Hot" was astounding. Kurt always has some amazing routine up his sleeve that is sure to leave you wanting more, he's constantly changing it up. "Lucky" was adorable, but I was surprised that the song I was most excited for wasn't as great as "Sing!". "Sing!" was the show-stopper of the night in my opinion, I LOVED IT. Rachel and Kurt's collab at the end of the episode was super cute, but what's with Rachel's histrionic faces lately? Get over it!

So, drama started off fast. Point blank: No Puck?! I'm curious to where our favorite bad boy has gone- in the script that is. Sam and Quinn was really a surprise too. I thought Kurt was supposed to fall in love with Sam! Very confusing...

Three important points...
1.) Is Puck written out of the show?!
At the beginning of the season there were many rumors that someone was going to be written out of the show due to budget cuts. But with Puck being in the first three episode already, could it have been him? I know they lost a member already (whoops, forgot his name!) but some sources say that Puck or Artie were both considered as characters not needed anymore. Not true! I miss Puck.
2.) Where's Kurt's boyfriend??
So I told you all before that Sam was casted as Kurt's boyfriend, and in the beginning of the episode it does seem like he's "playing for Kurt's team", but then as the episode progresses it turns out that Sam has the hots for Quinn... ?! I want Kurt to fall in love! I want him to be happy and joyful, and not to feel lonely anymore. So I hope this thing with Quinn is nothing but a fling.
3.) Do you think Glee approaches Brittany's sex life wrong?
Brittany's flings with every guy and girl in the school makes for some funny one liners, but do you think they're starting to over exaggerate it? I never in a million years would've guessed that Artie had sex with Brittany. He obviously cared so much about his virginity but he throws it away just like that? It was all very confusing... I mean wasn't it obvious to him that Brittany had no real feelings for him?? Or was he just too lonely without Tina? I just didn't like that part at all.


Tina and Mike at the end of "Sing!"

Some things that I'd like to mention....

  • I want to go to Breadsticks! It sounds awesome. Haha.
  • The Santana and Brittany scene was stupid. (Except I loved seeing her room)
  • I thought it was so funny how everyone wanted Sam to win
  • Quinn looked so pretty in this episode!
  • Brittany at Breadsticks was hilarious

Your quotes!
"You're crazy circa 2010." - Mercedes
"I know for a while I thought you were a robot." - Brittany
"I just want to get you in a stroller." - Brittany
"Maybe we should go to Asians couple therapy." - Mike
"You're my stress test." - Burt
"He's on team gay. No straight boy does his hair to look like Linda Evangelista circa 1983." - Kurt
"How can you do a duet by yourself? That's like vocal masturbation." - Santana

I can't wait for next week's episode. I love the Rocky Horror theme, the movie is insane and I can't wait to see how Glee will adapt to it. There's also going to be more of Sue's news program, which I love! (Yes we cane!) Here's next week's songs....
"Science Fiction/Double Feature"
"Dammit Janet"
"Hot Patootie"
"Sweet Transvestite"
"Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch Me"
"Over at the Frankenstein Place"
"The Time Warp"

Song stuck in my head today: "Mine" by Taylor Swift

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment