Saturday, October 16, 2010

Woes of A Wannabe Drop Out



You could say I only feel this way because school started less than a month ago and I'm feeling those new school blues, or maybe you think all kids/teens are mindless school hating robots. But as I'm sitting there 4th period, learning how to prove triangles congruent in Geometry I stop and think: Will I EVER use this again? The answer is always, no. I realize that you need to learn these things because you never know where your life can take you but there comes a certain point where I've realized that I'm not going to be a mathmetician, and architect, or anything to do with science! Time is precious and and I shouldn't be wasting it in an acne-infested classroom learining cell structure and pythagoreom theorem. I should be out there enjoying life, helping others, and pursuing things that make ME happy! Not the people grading the SATs. I don't give a damn about scalene triangles or how Egyptians farmed.


I'm not going to be here for that long, and I don't want to look back on life and see that I spent so much time freaking out on miniscule things like how well I memorized the functions of the cell membrane. I want to be able to live a lavish life in the future but why must all this unecessary work be involved?! I'm sick of just going with the ebb and flow of school work. Look at all the people who've dropped out and were able to pursue their dreams and become super successful! Half the people we apsire to be or look up to don't even have a high school diploma. It's always nice to have a fall back but shouldn't you pursue what you want and not what's most reliable but boring?

"Hours on the phone making pointless calls
I got a desk full of papers that means nothing at all
Sometimes I catch myself staring into space
Counting down the hours 'til I get to see your face

Why must I spend my time
Filling up my mind
With facts and figures that never add up anyway?
They never add up anyway"

- "Hey Julie" by Fountains of Wayne

Song stuck in my head today: hmm.....

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment