Sunday, May 9, 2010

Back to Basics: A Flower List Update

Are you getting tired of the words, epic or fail?

33% said Yes!!
25% said Nope.
8% said I've never used them.
and...
50% said It doesn't bother me much.

There's always words that become a fad I guess. At first they seem clever and new but then, like everything else, we exhaust them until they die off. I mean yeah of course I've used the words before and maybe no one else sees them as a trend like I do but know I think it's time the cycle starts again and we find some other terms to butcher. It's tiring hearing a muffled 'fail' every time I make a mistake or someone answers a question wrong in class and I get it! Last night was cool, could you not use epic five times in a row?! Don't get me started on the combination of the two.

So even if you sound like Gretchen (from Mean Girls, duh?! don't you know your cult classics?!) failing (there I go again!) miserably to get 'fetch' to be the new 'it word' don't give up. Someone out there has the word that will give the cycle a nudge, so please use it!



Splits suck. End of story. So, moving on let's talk about something I haven't mentioned in a while.
If you've been with me from the beginning you know that I joined track for the first time at my school. Well we had the first two meets this past week and I thought I'd just let you know how
things are progressing!

My first meet I did the 800. For those of you who can't wrap your mind around that distance, it's two laps around a regulation track, or a half mile. Out of 10 or 11 girls I came in 6th. I wasn't that disappointed or shocked or whatever. I knew I'd be average. It was a really hard event though, I like long distance as I've mentioned before but I found out this Monday that not when it's a race! So on Friday I did the 400. Which if you're not that smart it's half of the 800 meaning it's one lap or a quarter mile. For that race I came in 2nd, and I'm thinking I like that one a lot more! Not just because I came in a higher ranking (even though I really wasn't that good. I came like seconds behind the girl who received 1st place) but I find it a lot easier. It was hard to push myself in the 800.

As for The Flower List, I've been adding things but I haven't completed a full page. Some things I've been wanting to do are: Run/Bike across the Brooklyn Bridge, Have a perfect movie moment swinging on a vine/rope into a waterfall/lake. Little things like that (:

Hope everyone's week has been good and Happy Mother's Day!!! If you have a great relationship with your mom, or a bad one, if your mom passed away or you haven't spoken in forever just reflect on what today means to you.

For my Glee readers out there I have the lineup for Tuesday's episode!
"The Lady is a Tramp" - Mercedes
"One" - Finn & Rachel
"The Climb" - Rachel
"Rose's Turn" - Kurt
"Jesse's Girl" - Finn
"The Boy is Mine" - Santana & Mercedes

I'm not positive on who's singing what but the Internet hasn't lied so far! Shout out to Sam for helping me so much with all my Glee posts. If anyone wants to add anything or point out things that could be changed, comment, comment, comment!

Song stuck in my head today: "Daylight" by Matt & Kim

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout out AND WHOEVERS READING THIS (besides maddie) Its not one singular sensation hahhaaa JESSES GIRL <3 ahh im falling in love with puck noww hahaaa i still like jesse and will better though yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm beyond disappointed but they better do that song in the future! Glee guys<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love love yur song of the day!!(: BTW i'm not putting in a vote to your new poll because EVERYTHING on that list i look forward to and your missing some minor details such as "sending time with the BEST cousins EVER!!"<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, vote! I only have 3 compared to the 12 I usually get. (:

    ReplyDelete