Sunday, May 23, 2010

Love is everyone's favorite topic.

Think about songs you listen to. Songs you hear on the radio, and on TV. Songs you love to dance to. What are they all about?

Love.
Wheter it's heartbreak, making up with an ex, falling head over heels or cursing out the pains that come with love, they all have a common theme; because we can all relate to love, and it comes in so many different forms and stories to share people don't even realize they're singing about the same thing over and over again! I find it amusing, but hey I'm drawn to it to. It's only natural I guess, and somehow it rarely ever tires me. I always have to stop to sing along.
If you've been with me from the start, you might recall my 'people watching' post. I talked about this girl in my orchestra class who, on a day when we had a substitute, started playing us all her original compositions. She made a new one, and she tried to play it for me, wedging herself between the piano and the white-board carrying a mountain of binders, but the stabbing sound of the dismissal bell tainted her wonderful song. I couldn't hear most of it because of the bell and the buzzing voices of students revving up for the end of the day, but I asked her what the song was about. She smiled at me and said, "What they're all about."
Love.

"All you need is love"
The Beatles



"If I should be so bold, I'd ask you to hold my heart in your hand. Tell you from the start how I've longed to be your man. But I never said a word I guess I'm gonna miss my chance again."
Jason Mraz
"Move to the city, loose all your heart, she weren’t that pretty, you ain’t too smart. Plenty of girls and boys in love, plenty of girls and boys in love."
Rumble Strips

"Feel like I'm falling and I'm lost in your eyes, you make me crazier, crazier."
Taylor Swift

"Goodbye my almost lover, goodbye my hopeless dreams."


A Fine Frenzy






"All my lovings, I will send to you."
The Beatles


Song stuck in my head today: "Hey Stephen" by Taylor Swift ;)

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment