Saturday, May 15, 2010

Concerts=Motivations

I don't see how you can hate Taylor Swift. After last night, I think it's physically impossible. I'm not sure if you guys are fans of her (ya better be!) but sorry, 'cause this post is nothing but Taylor, Taylor, Taylor.

You can judge me. Say I haven't been to enough concerts to make a firm opinion on what I experienced last night, but I don't care. The Fearless tour is the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. I came home, with my ears ringing, body shaking and a pure determination to start saving money to get the best seats for her next tour.

So I don't start babbling as I so often do, here's just some quick reason why The Fearless 2010 tour was the best thing ever.

1.) Taylor got into it.
This made the show. That Taylor got into the crowd, physically and mentally. Doesn't it just really make you wanna scream when you spend all this money to come to a concert, buy food and shirts and then you're stuck all the way in the back up high, surrounded by unenthusiastic 'fans' and their Blackberry yielding fathers who are wondering why they ever got themselves into this mess, spending their Friday night in a mob of sparkly, singing, girls? Well, it makes me cringe thinking about it. But instead of staying up top a decked out platform in the safe confines of her band mates and screaming ground floor fans, Taylor came in through the crowd, sang a song on the steps and hugged and shook everyone she could while making her way down to the opposite end of the coliseum to ask her fans - who were freaking out at this point - if she could hang out with them back here. Oh, did I mention she gave some lucky girl her bracelet?! I'm pretty positive that'll be on that teen's wrist for years to come, as Taylor right now seems unstoppable in her current star status. When she came to the back of the arena, I swear the only thing separating the two of us was a small wall to block out insane fans and the lucky people with ground tickets. She made everyone back there freak out, all of us were happy she looked like the Taylor we know and love, not some ant sized girl that we had to watch on the big screens! Not only did she come back into the crowd but you could tell clear as day she was so into the concert and her fans. She stopped so many times, for five minutes or more to just look around and take it all in. She'd stop and smile or laugh to herself as the crowd screamed and cheered for her infinitely. You might say she was taking a break to let herself breath. But she did it so long, and so often and looked so happy you knew what she was feeling.
2.) The performances were spectacular.
Everything Taylor did with her songs was big, the little speeches she gave, the outfit changes, the videos leading up to them, and the scenery too. They gave the crowd a dose of energy everytime she stepped out in another sparkly dress. Sometimes I think things artists do on their live performances can be too much, and hide the music. But with the Fearless tour, the things that happened may have even enhanced it! There was always something new that made you think differently about the song, got you more involved, or just made you smile and laugh.
3.) The merchandise.
This might sound stupid, but I had to throw it in here! The t-shirts were only $25. I'm sorry but that made me extremely happy that I didn't need to spend $40 like other concerts!! :)
4.) Her and her band sounded good.
Taylor Swift didn't sound like some other artists that seem like they had some sorta vocal chord transplant after seeing them live. She sang just like you would hear on the radio, and her band was just as great. She also got her band into, not just by recognizing them at the end of a set but by letting one of her guitarist play around with the crowd, making up scream and telling us when to get louder or softer. Basically he was the conductor of a stadium packed with girls who, even though they had been non-stop singing and screaming the whole night, weren't about to give up yet. And seeing Taylor's other guitarist come out for a long solo was an amazing contrast to some of the slower pop song she had been singing previously.

I could go on and on as normal but bottom line: TAYLOR IS AMAZING. This tour showed who she was, and that she's here to stay! I was so impressed with it and it opened my eyes up to so many different things. She really made me feel fearless!

But, two last things before you take a gander at some photos I painstakingly snapped last night, balancing my camera on my knee while keeping a look out for the security! (No that was not me running around looking for better seats) One: Taylor really showed me how much she appreciated her fans and why. I never understood a celebrity's love for their fans. I mean, I get it but still it's not like they'd be nothing with out them. But they would in a way, and I get that now. I finally comprehended last night, after years of thinking if I ever got famous I would never let my fans get to me that much, why singers, actors, etc. are always saying how much they love their fans. They are their inspiration, they're the people that keep them going, make all the rejections worth it and I guess in a way, their friends. I don't know how I come to realize this, and it's sort of hard to express in writing but I'm glad I did.

And, my last statement is that if you have a Facebook I'd love if you'd become a fan of 'An Interview With Taylor Swift!'. It's a fanpage I started to cross off 'Meet Taylor Swift' from my Flower List. (Which new page will be up soon). I thought if Betty White could get on SNL with the power of Facebook and ahugfromtaylorswift.com could accomplish its goal in four months, trying for mine was worth a shot! So please join, send fan mail to Taylor, tweet her or whatever else you can think of! I might start a new blog/website, Youtube or Twitter for it in the coming months but for right now I'm just getting some other things with it going. I hope we can all make this happen together. Write or post a video on the fanpage to tell me what you want me to ask/tell Taylor if I get to interview her.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/An-Interview-With-Taylor-Swift/111018958941059?ref=ts



^ MY FAVORITE (:


Song stuck in my head today: "Should've Said No" by Taylor Swift

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

2 comments:

  1. Agree with everything you said!
    Joined the fan page!
    I Love Taylor Swift :)

    ReplyDelete