Wednesday, May 12, 2010

HAIR (hair hair hhhair hhaiir hair!)

I have the thickest, curliest hair ever. Whatever you say, I don't care. That's the way I'll always look at my messy mane.

To really love me I guess you have to love/put up with my hair. It's part of the package. My hair gets in the way, and is constantly falling out as weird as that sounds. I'm convinced it keeps growing I mean I have like 90 pounds of hair and that never changes even with the many strands that come loose each day. Seriously, it seems to be a hot topic with people who are close to me. I have family friends who hate my hair and always tell me it's way too wild and praise me when I take out the straightener. Same things with my friends. Some love my 'bold look' and some tell me not to shower when I straighten my hair *cough cough DANI*.


I never really started liking my hair the way it is until last year. I always wore it straight or blown out pretty much. But now I can't imagine it any other way. It sounds weird that I'm making such a big deal out of it but it is to me! I love my hair and I think it sorta personifies me. I hate fake things like fake nails, eyelashes, flippers, extensions, anything really! I hate when people try to change themselves or think they're ugly. So many girls think they're ugly now and it makes me want to vomit. I've seriously given up trying to push self-confidence as much as I should. I think for most people it just has to be like an epiphany. You can't really teach someone that sometimes. I think most people think my hair is ugly. I guess that because it's different than the straightened hair everyone goes for. That's why I had to refer to it as a 'bold look' before hand because some people I know really think it's daring. I don't know why. It's what I was born with. Some girl have silky smooth straight hair and some girls are born with wild thick curls. I took what I got and embraced it! It seems simple to me.


On Tuesday, I straightened my hair. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I mean I don't do it often; maybe like once a month or so. But with the straightening I forgot the annoying burden that always comes with it. (It's not too annoying really but I can't think of any other word).


"Did you get a hair cut?!" "What did you do to your hair?!" "I love your hair!" "Your hair looks amazing!".

No to brag, but this is what I get. True stuff. I mean I get like 10 comments a day - not lying - some from people I'm not even close with. But really, it's like a slap in my face and it has become tedious. I just want to flip out for once and say, "No you idiot! I didn't get a hair cut! It's called a straightener, and I know for a fact you can't leave the house without using yours! Thanks for the vote of confidence, next time I come in with curls I'll be sure to remember how un-amazing it looks."


And you can't forget the over used, "Why don't you wear it like that all the time?!". People don't get why I just smile meekly and thank them over and over again. To me it's just telling me that you hate my hair the way it's supposed to be. They don't get that I'm serious when I say I hate it sometimes, and that I'm not another low self-esteem girl. I hate my hair straight sometimes when I decide to wear it. I can only go for a certain amount of days without craving for a quick shower to rid it of the gross heat treatment. I like my hair straight a lot too, don't get me wrong! But why can't people understand who I am? And I'll never have the pin-straight look they're looking for. I appreciate the great comments all day, but it's okay, I've gotten the point by now. It's just your turn to get that I feel like I'm being forced to conform to something every time I crush my curls through those plates. Change is good, straight is great! But I'm a curly girl. Through and through.








So what do you think? Curly or straight? Comment if you want, but to me it seems pretty crazy to think it can cause such opinions and theories and what not, here's two favorite things people have said about my hair just 'cause I had to post these:

"Relax your hair hair its over powering you body" This was posted anonymously on my Formspring, my friend Alana and I can't get over it.



"Madison, you turned around once and your hair whipped me. I swear my face was red." - Oh that ROHAN



Thanks for reading, vote in the poll, you only have two more days! I have big news: I'm seeing the fabulous TAYLOR SWIFT tomorrow night, big thanks to the awesome Brianna for this great experience!!!! I might have a review because I know a lot of people in my town are going.

Song stuck in my head today: "Pennies from Heaven" by Louie Prima

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

3 comments:

  1. totally agree with the whole blog! I luv ur big curly hair but i like it when you straighten it just to mix things up but the only thing that matters is that u luv ur hair hunnn and OMG I WAS JUST SINGING THAT SONG HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR hahhaaaa
    Love always,
    Samm xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY ME WHO SAID I LOVE YOUR HAIR!


    -ALANA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe thanks Sam I miss you girlie!
    Haha I LOVE YOUR HAIR ALANA.

    ReplyDelete