Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Glee Review #4: Bad Reputation (Season 2, Episode 4)

Balancing the heartfelt scenes, comedy, music, and drama that has been overused in each episode so far, made last night's episode of Glee certainly a very enjoyable one. Last night's latest installment gave us an insight that most of us were craving: to see the glee club as we know and love them! Scheming, singing, and stumbling their way to the top.

As always, *SPOILER ALERT*

As for the music, seeing the glee club singing "Ice Ice Baby" put such a smile on my face. I loved it! Their attempt to be 'chaotic and scandalous' by singing MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" in the library, clad in parachute pants and all was hilarious, and wonderful to see the friendship of the glee members once again. "Total Eclipse of The Heart" was great, "Physical" was ridiculously fun and "Run Joey Run" was just as well.

Drama in this episode was good because it wasn't too dramatic, it was more funny situations and comedic battles. Seeing Emma confront Will in the teacher's lounge was great for laughing but also empowered viewers, seeing the other side of the shy compulsive guidance counsel er. Sue's problem facing the constant mocking from her leaked video made for an even funnier viral clip and some sweet scenes where she confided in he well-missed sister.

My questions...
1.) Now that Emma has finally took a stand, what will it mean for her plot line?
Even though you might've thought that Emma would fall back for Will by the end of the episode you could clearly tell she has put her foot down once and for all. I'm wondering how many episodes it will them to finally sort things out, and maybe get back together or even remain friends or if and when Emma will find a new love interest. Pickings seem slim at McKinley high so will a new character have to be introduced to support their ever growing cast list?
2.) Will we ever see more of Quinn and Puck's relationship?
It's evident that these two are still going strong despite their constant fuming and troubles with the pregnancy, but I miss seeing Quinn's life and how she's dealing with things, how things are with both Finn and Puck and where she's living!!!! I loved seeing her making amends with Mercedes, and now that she's talked to Will about making the Glist I hope they shed some more light on her pregnancy.
3.) So, again, what's up with Rachel?!
It seems we're always left hanging when it comes to Rachel's relationships and her competition with Vocal Adrenaline. First, Jesse breaks up with her because of her some what two-timing music video, then they share romantic scenes in "Total Eclipse of the Heart" so you're undoubtedly left wondering what will ever happen our favorite leading lady.

Sorry my questions weren't that lengthy or interesting! I missed the first fifteen minutes because I was out having conformation dinner with my family, and I didn't want it to be late so I've rushed re-watching most of the episode to try to make a somewhat decent review! Also, sorry I didn't have the musical lineup in advance, I'll try for next week!

Speaking of next week, next week's Glee looks super funny. We see that Puck has shaven his trademark mohawk, causing for a classic dumb-blonde Brittany reaction... tune in next Tuesday and Wednesday! And...... speaking of Brittany, it was great to hear her awesome one-liners once again so here's your quotes!

"I made out with, like, everyone in this school: girls; boys; Mr. Kidney, the janitor." - Brittany
"You take weird little strides when you walk as if you were raised in imperial Japan and someone bound your feet." - Sue
" I'm Brenda Castle. I'm the new astronomy teacher and badminton coach. I also happen to be an alcoholic and I like pills! I hear that's just your type. Let's go in this classroom and pork!" - Brenda
"Can you even feel your feet?" - Brittany
"I don't know how to turn on a computer." - Brittany
"Rachel Berry is about to get vocally promiscuous." - Rachel



Kurt, Artie, Tina, Brittany and Mercedes preparing for their scandalous event

Thanks for reading and once again I'll try to be more in depth next time and look for more posts these week... I've been very behind on things!

Song stuck in my head today: "Drops of Jupiter" by Train

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

2 comments: