Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Even the sky cries sometimes

I say, the greatest investment a person can make is in a pair of rain boots.



After being a total brat to my mom this past winter, I finally got a pair of rain boots that I had wanted for a while. Not just the rain boots she bought for me in particular, I just wanted rain boots in general. It was one of those kind of things that you've always wanted but never got, and you didn't try really hard to get them even though you've loved them for a while.

I think they're so awesome! I mean come on, they're so adorable and quirky and you don't have to worry about anything getting on them if your one of those kind of people who likes to keep their shoes nice. They come in so many different patterns, colors and designs and you can buy really high end ones if you like designers or pick them up at any retail store for $15.

Maybe I love them so much because I love the rain. There's something about it. I was thinking about it today as I daydreamed in all of my classes watching the little droplets ping across the parking lot, making the tar look even richer in its deep shade of black. Isn't it funny how rain which is often called a gloomy or sad weather can livened up our world in so many ways? Think about the color, doesn't everything look brighter when it's when? It has to do with saturation or something I think. (Don't rely on me, I just failed a science test!). Sure, things get muddy and sometimes even darker and depressing with the rain but some things just look more alive.

I love wearing my rain boots. It's sorta become a routine now. I wait for a day when it's rainy, and when the sky starts crying I start smiling because I just need to wake up throw on a T and jeans and slid my rain boots right over and I feel great. I love seeing people's faces when you wear rain boots (well with mine anyway!). There's nothing too special about them, except the fact that they're bright red. That's what drew me to them. There they were in the farthest corner of the shoe department in Marshall's snuggled between last year's Coach flip flops, and they screamed at me! I had to have them. I didn't know how I couldn't of realized them before, walking around the store for hours trying to find a good replacement for snow boots, and there they were the whole time, sticking out like a sore thumb. A lot of people ask me when I wear my rain boots if I've seen the movie All About Steve which I always answer to with a shake of the head. I've yet to seen the movie -with Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper- but everyone who asks says it's hilarious. My favorite teacher calls me Gossie, who's a children's book character.

She's (He's?) a goose who always wears this big red rain boots. I'm not familiar with the books but I found some things on Google! And the characters are really cute.




If you don't have rain boots. Go get them. Now! Find ones with your favorite colors, I'm sure they'll have them, and do something creative to spice 'em up! My friend said her sister has red ones and she took a Sharpie to them and drew little ladybugs all over the boots and they turned out great! If you've never been one to like the rain, (?!) try to look at the positives: the rain is nature's way of cleaning the Earth, it feeds wildlife and rids pollutants. The rain is the perfect excusing for not wearing any makeup, straightening your hair, dancing, and kissing! So if you ever need a good excuse for something just check the seven day forecast, and always keep your rain boots ready.


I NEED THESE


That'll be me on my wedding day!


Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning to dance in the rain!

These are my rain boots! :)
I hope wherever you're reading this, your favorite weather is present! I know I'll be snug on my couch tonight as the rain hits hard, watching Glee! The next time a storm passes by and you feel stuck inside. Go out and dance, you'll have fun trust me.
Keep on keepin' on,
Madison

3 comments:

  1. i love you. do the world a favor and become an author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY REALLY WANT A PAIR OF RAIN BOOTS!!! (: <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. you made my day! thank you so much

    haha lets go shopping steph!

    ReplyDelete