Thursday, November 11, 2010

Everone Has Their Guilty Pleasures

Coming back to my idea of not knowing yourself fully, I believe everyone has their own guilty pleasures. Things even their closest friends would be suprised they enjoy or things that you'd be shocked to know of someone that you've had pinpointed from the outside so long.

There's this guy in my Studio in Art class who've I've known since kindergarten and have always had the greatest distaste for. He's your class A neanderthal and I can't stand being near him. So the other day he started talking about the new Harry Potter movie and how he was so amped up for the midnight premiere. I had to admit I was taken aback, a lot.

You see yes, he acted all cocky thinking he knew everything about the series just buy watching the movies (which happens to be one of my greatest pet peeves), and yes he's not about to stop harassing people and being stuckup but just knowing that we had something in common, showed me a shimmer of hope. Because I know now, and have always known, that in the end we're all the same. Strip down the specific details and times of your life and realize that other people can relate to your own experiences and may enjoy the same things you do. So while I won't be joining my classmate to go see The Deathly Hollows next friday, I'll always remember that day in class whenever I see him and think, Hey this guy like Harry Potter, he can't be all bad.

Song stuck in my head today: my own composition

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

2 comments:

  1. love this post, it's so funny to think about image and all that comes along with it...I'm not going to lie, sometimes it's hard to stay true to yourself rather than act in a way that is seemingly pleasing to others...ah life! thanks for your comment chere, loving your blog, its on my list of daily reads ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how happy you just made me! thanks so much for this great piece of advice, i love all your posts!! :) thanks for following

    ReplyDelete