Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Glee Review #15: "Never Been Kissed" (Episode 6, Season 2)

Let's hear it for Kurt this season! So many ups and downs I can only wonder what happens next.

*SPOILER ALERT* It's been a week but make sure you've watched it!

The showstopper of this week HAD to be "Teenage Dream" a chorus of guys covering Katy Perry's latest number one hit? Yep, there's magic in that. It sounded GREAT and I know so many people downloaded right after nine o'clock hit. When I heard the first beat of "One Love" I was thinking, oh God here we go! But It was surprisingly good and somewhat humorous. "Living on a Prayer/Start Me Up" was a really cool mashup but I thought the girl would've been better. The guy's number at the end was sweet but nothing crazy good either.

Drama, drama, drama... I don't know about you but I wasn't that shocked with Kurt's first real kiss. You had to sorta suspect it. What I think shocked everyone else though was how Kurt didn't fall for Blaine right away! What was with that? The other thing I found odd was Quinn's talk with Coach Sylvester. Why would she want to tell Sue about her makeout moment with Sam? It seemed really weird. I understand Quinn and Sue are close but I wouldn't see Sue as someone you go and get advice from! And finally, the whole Bieste situation. Such a crazy ending and I was glad she got a happy one.

My three questions...
1.) Will Sue finally be done with harassing Coach Bieste?
I think Bieste's been through enough by now, and the fact that she stayed at McKinley after almost leaving should've been enough for Sue to wave a white flag. Sometimes her antics are funny but at this point they're going to become annoying.
2.) How will Kurt and Blaine's relationship pan out?
I hope either Kurt keeps in good touch with Blaine or there's more than just friendship for these two. The only reason I couldn't imagine Kurt falling for Blaine is maybe he's tired of looking for love and at this point just needs someone who can relate to him and understand him. Someone he can always go to.
3.) Do you think Glee represents high schools everywhere well?
I can't help but think as I'm watching any show that involves a school, wait my school isn't like that! My school doesn't have tubs athletes can soak in after long practices like Sam and Finn had, my school doesn't have huge locker rooms with their own weight room and showers, and my school doesn't have a large outdoor campus area like the one the glee club performed "Empire State of Mind" in. And other high schools I've been to aren't like that either! I'm just wondering what you all think of it....
The Warblers sing "Teenage Dream"

And your quotes...!
"You should be our nation's president." - Santana
“Kurt, I’m gonna say it again: boys’ team.” - Will
“There’s no way I’m going back to juvie. There’s no chicks and no kosher meal options up in that place.” - Puck
“You in a sequin gown and a feather boa is exactly what you’d expect.” - Artie
"I'm gonna have to stare at some wounds"- Sue
“With those abs you can be my very own Situ-Asian.” - Tina
“If everyone just put out we would have a winning football team.” - Santana

Tonight's episode looks great! Even tough Will's gone ( :( ) I'm excited to see what crazy things are going to happen with Gwyneth Paltrow fills in for him. The song I'm most excited for is "Singin' in the Rain"/"Umbrella". The other songs they will be performing are...
"Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag"
"Make 'Em Laugh"
"Forget You"

Song stuck in my head today: "If It's Love" by Train

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment