Sunday, September 26, 2010

Back to Basics: A Flower List Update

What are your feelings on birthdays?

50% said I love them!!!!!
0% said Eh they're okay
0% said Gotta love the presents
0% said I don't care
0% said Ew I hate birthdays. Just means you're getting older
50% said They're the best (:
0% said they make me nervous

September is a busy birthday month for my family: aunts, friends, and cousins both add on another year to the list. One person who gets just a little bit older this time of year, is my cousin Stephanie. We're super super close, and we love celebrating each others birthdays. Stephanie and I talk a lot about birthdays, and getting older. Wheter we're excited, nervous, or anxious we always have something to say about the age we're turning. This year,

15.

I don't know what to make of this number yet, but then again Steph and I don't know what to make of any number. Does age really even matter? Do their need to be restrictions and regulations on things just because you're older or younger than someone? Can a number define you? We don't think so, but there it is, looming over you. Reminding you that the clock is ticking away, or that you're still too young to do what you really want. Ugh, age is so confusing! My birthday is still some time away- mid January -but I'm already getting excited/nervous for it.

In the end though, Steph and I always conlclude- we are who we are, not matter what we're wearing, how we style our hair, and how old we are. A number can not speak for ourselves, or anyone else and the only perks of age is being able to drive! (Still have to wait a year and a half for that...)

So whatever point you are in your life, don't burden yourself with that number. Don't looking at your graying hair, and don't wish you were taller or shorter or whatever! Just enjoy life.



the two things that we make the greatest fuss about- getting fat and getting old - aren't given to most people in the world
Song stuck in my head today: "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment