Monday, September 20, 2010

Left My Heart in Iceland

When the sun hits me perfectly on a nice 60 degree day, I'm transported to that sqaure in RVK where we ate ice cream and watched the skateboarders.

When my dog gives me a face, I think of that Cavalier I took a picture of while we were waiting for the guy to go come back to his shop to give me my t-shirt.

When I'm walking around my block at dusk, I accidentally think it's two in the morning. Whoops.

When I look at my aunt's dog, I think of Kayla and how well she played.

When a breeze covers my face as I'm in the pool, I think of all the pools we went to and I never thought I could swim in Iceland.

When someone mentions Hollywood Stunt Rider, I think of that terrible water slide I went on where this little boy kicked my butt while I was on the ride because I slowed down the whole ride.

When I see a cute brunette boy, I think of that gorgeous guy we saw at the pool but couldn't talk to because of that little girl that kept following us around. God, what was her name??

When I hear an older man with a British accent, I think of how you turned and smiled at me when we sat down next to that man from the UK.

When I see a cute baby boy, I think of that baby who had body-builder parents, and I couldn't get enough of him, and how he smiled at me and tried to play with us.

Whenever I go to the movies, I wish I had enough money for a slushie because it was the best thing ever when we saw Toy Story 3.

When I see a pair of cute high heels (or any clothing for that matter!), I hear you in my head saying "BUY IT. BUY IT."

When I see all these new ads for jeggings, I think of how everyone wore them in Iceland and how I just had to get a pair. Now they're huge here, who would've known!

Whenever someone mentions jam, I think of the rhubarb jam I tried and oddly enough liked.

When ever someone mentions waffles, I think of the super yummy ones we noshed on in RVK.



Song stuck in my head today: The one that kept playing on the radio. The one from EuroSings or whatever. "Love, Oh Love". Something like that. I should go Youtube it.....

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I love it! omg, that girl... and omg those boys from the UK!
    haha, i told you jeggings were going in style.
    ..and its Eurovision ;)

    love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! What was her name??
    Hehe (:
    Okay I knew it was something different

    love you too<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont remember..but i think it was something really icelandic xD

    ReplyDelete