Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Glee Review #10: "Audition" (Episode 1, Season 2)

For me, the second season of Glee started on a sour note. Not to say I'm doubting the show will pick up the pace later on, but I expected more from this season premiere!

*SPOILER ALERT* For those of you who missed the episode 'cause you thought it was at 9 (yeah, made that mistake almost!) go to hulu.com to watch the rest!
First up, music! (Yes it feels oh so good to get back into my old Glee routine!) I looooved "Empire State of Mind", and was clapping at the end unlike the rude McKinley High kids! I thought the outfits were cute and cheesey, and seeing Finn in those glasses was the best. "Telephone" was a great way to introduce the newest female character, Sunshine Corazon. The only part I didn't like was how vicious Rachel was when she was singing! "Listen" was great, but I wasn't shocked like the other Glee fans that weren't familiar with the lovely and talented, Charice - Yes that's her real genuine voice! - so I guess it didn't give me the effect most viewers had. "Billionaire" was super cute and fun, and I can't tell you how happy I am that there's a blond guy on Glee. For those of you who don't know, I love blond guys, haha. I wondered though if that's his real voice. So, I did what any curious person who do nowadays: Googled him! While I didn't uncover if this new character had any real pipes, I did uncover some MAJOR SPOILERS. His name is Chord Overstreet, you may have seen him on iCarly and No Ordinary Family, and he has been cast as Kurt's boyfriend!!! AHHHH. So, that's it for music. I wanted some old school Glee jam sessions though, to kick off the season right!
The Drama in this episode was good. Nothing too crazy, just your normal McKinley High sabotaging! What resulted in the drama that ocurred though, was what left a bad taste in my mouth. I felt the fact that Sunshine ended up switching to Vocal Adreneline, Sam not trying out, and the touchy scenes with the new football coach, Ms. Bieste, were too much for this fragile season premiere. It should've been more fun and lively! Not full of backstabbing and evil planning! Though I did enjoy the Will and Sue teamwork for a bit, I wanted to cry at the end! Then they push Bieste SO overboard that she throws Finn off the team?! Not good. Not good at all. Oh, and Rachel's bangs ruined the whole epsiode. Is it just me or have those bangs made her even meaner?! I love Rachel but she served out to much this episode.

A new addition to my normal Glee reviewing format will be my thoughts as I was watching the episode (I jot down notes so it takes less time when I blog).
  • I loooooved Jacob's vlog in the beginning. Thought that was a great way to open up and that microphone with the hebrew on it made me die!
  • Aisan camp?! Hahahhaa.
  • Finn's cheer audition made my want to cry, but I couldn't stop laughing at him and Sue's reaction!
  • The fight between Santana and Quinn were inveitable, and I'm glad it happened! It's so good to see Quinn back in her uniform... wow. Never thought I'd say that.
  • I died when Brittany accused Bieste of sexual harrasment... Oh good ol' Brittany!

Second to last: My questions for the episode!

1.) Are Charice and Sam permenant characters on Glee? I tried to do a bit of research, but I couldn't come to a definite conclusion if they would both become two new main characters. Since Sam is going ot be Kurt's boyfriend, and Charice is now on Vocal Adreneline. They have to be staying around for a good part of the season! I think they'll both make for some interesting storylines. 2.) Will Quinn change again now that she is head cheerleader? Our now beloved Quinn Fabray is yet again on top of the pyramid- literally. Since Sue decided to give her a second chance, will she start treating her glee club family like dirt? I hope not! 3.) How long will Mike and Tina really last? This new summer love couple seems to be going strong despite the heart-broken Artie's disapproval, but will their summer fling last through the school year? It seems to me like they're both tottaly different people at times and I'm wary if it'll really last.

Last but not least... memorable quotes!

"Which means we'd have to reuse my kids new Pampers for at least a week" - Pizza guy "How do you get the white on the rice?" - Jacob "...Who is shorter than me which I didn't think is possible" - Rachel "Oh, and Boobs McGee — you’re demoted to the bottom of the pyramid, so when it collapses, your exploding sandbags will protect the squad from injury. Now take your juicy, vine-ripened chest fruit and get the hell out of my office!" - Sue "I made it up. Coach Beiste didn’t touch my boobs. Actually, I really want to touch her boobs. " - Brittany "Did you know there’s a forum on my blog that’s begging you to stop rapping?" - Jacob

Tina and Mike share a moment at aisan camp

I'm so excited for next week's Britney Spears themed episode "Britney Britney"! The songs from this iconic popstar that they'll be singing are....

"Stronger" "Oops!... I Did It Again" "...Baby One More Time" "Toxic" "Me Against The Music" "The Only Exception" "Slave 4 U"

I also found out that Carrol Burnett will be starring as Sue Sylvester's mother. HOW PERFECT?!

Song stuck in my head today: "Empire State of Mind" by the Glee cast

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

2 comments:

  1. Madison I <3 your Glee reviews so much!!!
    Thank you for positing them:)

    Yours gleefully,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete