Saturday, September 25, 2010

Summer & Seventh

So, yesterday I had a soccer game. It's been going really well! Our team is 3-1 (we've one three games and lost one). Yesterday, we were playing a team at at there middle school. You see, their middle and high school share the same field since they have an ultra nice turf field and a lot of other smaller fields that teams can use. So while our game was going on, there was also a JV boys soccer game taking place, 7th grade boys football practice, and 7th grade girls soccer practice. During our pre-game warm-ups we got to see these girls in action, and I realized how far I've come! I was the girl who was constantly apoligizing for her bad passes and volleys, and had no clue what she was doing, but was learning a heck of a lot along the way! I wasn't just watching these girls noticing their soccer skills though, I was thinking about how small they were! Too me, 7th grade does not seem far away at all, but two years can be a long time. I thought of what I felt like, what I was going through into 7th grade, and pictured these girls probably experiencing the same things. Everyone treats "sevies" like they a world away, and I never thought they were, until now. I really have changed, and it's sorta freaking me out!


Taking soccer pictures are the best. You really get some cool stuff!

On the bus ride to the game and back I was thinking of nothing else but summer. The town we played in is a real hotspot for surfers and it's basically just a beach town! So driving past all the great ice cream places, surf shops and beaches that are packed in the summer but are now covered with this eerie Septemeber fog, really made me upset. I miss summer! Don't get me wrong, fall is my FAVORITE season. But I hate Septemeber. It's such an awkward transition. One day it's 65 degrees out and everyones searching for their new pair of jeggings, and then it's a hot and sunny 85 and people are regretting covering up their pool! Why does September have to tease us? Summer's not coming back, we still have to wait a whole 'nother year.

Song stuck in my head today: "Til I Forget About You" by Big Time Rush

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment