Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tryouts: Day #3

With the heat, and my lack of skills it's hard to say if I'll make it or not. I have no idea at all.

And that word keeps ringing in my ear.


Varsity, Varsity, Varsity, Varsity, Varsity!

I know I will not make Varsity. I just know. I'd be very happy if I made JV but it makes me wonder why they even have two teams. Why?! Is there even a point of being on JV? The girls I'm trying out with (the older ones) say they don't do anything on JV, the practices are a lotttt easier than the hell week we're going through now. But I ask you- what's the point?! Do the coaches feel like sticking us on a team saying, "Here you don't have enough heart, soul, and physical strength to be REALLY good but we'll still give you a shot."?

But, it's better than nothing.

Anything is better than nothing. Trying out is and not making it is better than sitting on your couch eating Pop Tarts watching the Today show for four hours every morning instead of spending that time pushing yourself. Making JV and being able to say that you got that far is better than spending your first school semester wishing you tried.

I should know if I make a team by tomorrow or Friday.... so obviously I'll keep you posted!! Good luck in your endeavours!

Song stuck in my head today: Nada. I've been without a song a lot lately... :(

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment