Thursday, September 30, 2010

Glee Review #11: "Britney Britney" (Episode 2, Season 2)

This music/dance packed episode did not disappoint! With extremely lowkey drama, and some new mild characters, this Brittany Spears themed installment was nothing but fun.

As always... *SPOILER ALERT*

The first song being "Slave 4 U" was amazing. I'm so glad Heather Morris finally got to show off her amazing dance moves. Did you know she toured with Beyonce and has been in several music videos?! This girl has got talent, and I'm happy she was finally able to really and truly showcase it during this episode. Even though it was wierd seeing our awkward and out there Brit dancing sexy and in control, I think it was about time she had the spotlight! But, in "Me Against The Music" Brittany shared that spotlight for a bit with Santana, which made the song even greater! Seeing Rachel singing "... Baby One More Time" was a flashback to her Grease costume for me. It's always wierd seeing Rachel take on a sexier role, but everyone seems to be busting loose this episode! "Stronger" was SO good. I was wondering where the guys were the whole episode, and then BAM there they are! It was a really cool way of seeing how Britney Spears' music effected everyone. I'm not a big fan of their performances that don't really happen (like how these were all just anesteshia fantasys) but it worked out good. When I first saw that "The Only Exception" was going to be sung, I thought it would sound wierd and take away from all the Spears tunes. But it fit in perfectly and the montage during Rachel's performance nearly made me cry. It was so cute!

Drama was kept lowkey this episode except for Emma's new love interest played by John Stamos and the usual Finn and Rachel dramatics. ☺

My questions...
1.) How long will John Stamos appear for on Glee?
Again, I couldn't find a solid answer to this question but I'm sure John Stamos will keep showing up in the next few episodes! I like the idea of Emma finally getting a healthy romance, but I think I'm going to miss her and Will's perfect love..... hm....
2.) Does Terri's short but random apperance this episode mean we will be seeing more of her?
After the divorce, things seemed pretty final between Will and Terri and I thought we'd never see her lying little face again. But her out of the blue apperance while Will was having a moment with Emma, confused me a bit. Will Terri keep showing up here and there? I think it's sort of odd but if the writer's worked it in well, it could be interesting.
3.) When will Mercedes, Kurt, Puck, and Quinn get their big break this season?!
So far we've had songs from Artie, Finn, Rachel, Brittany and Santana. Even Mike and Tina have their own big storyline! But where's our other beloved characters besides singing backup?! I know Kurt is supposed to play a big part next episode so hopefully these parts will be getting more equal soon!

Your quotes of the week... (there were a lot!)
"I would just like to say that from now on I demand to have every solo in glee club. When I had my teeth cleaned I had the most amazing Britney Spears fantasy. I sang and dance better than her. Now I realize what a powerful woman that I am." - Brittany
"Well, congratulations. Normally you dress like a fantasy of a perverted Japanese business man with a very dark specific fetish but I actually dig this look. Yay. " - Santana
"Don't let your own recklessness blind you to the fact that Britney Spears is a genius pop culture provocateur and a gateway drug to every out of control impulse ever created." - Sue
"It's a Britney Spears sex riot!" - Sue
"Next week, I'm gonna be performing a musical number by Ke$ha." - Brittany
"Every day, Tina and Mike's Asian fusion grows stronger." - Artie
"I'm secretly hoping it's a mid-life crisis, meaning your halfway to an early death. " - Sue
"I think that guy just broke up with his girlfriend just so he could stare at you. " - Finn
"I'm more talented than all of you. I see that clearly now." - Brittany
"I look forward to the day the paparazzi provokes me and I attack them." - Rachel
"I kinda like it. I don't have to fantasize about what song I'd sing at your bedside if you got paralyzed." - Rachel
"This room looks like that room on that spaceship when I got probed." - Brittany

As usual, I'm soooo excited for "Grilled Cheesus" next week. It look awesome! I'm freaking out about Kurt's dad, excited for all these songs and I'm anxious to see how religion will effect the glee memebers, this is gonna be good.
"Loosing My Religion"
"Papa, Can You Hear Me?"
"One Of Us"
"I Look To You"
"Only the Good Die Young"
"Bridge Over Troubled Water"
"I Want To Hold Your Hand"
These are the songs they are reportedly singing, we'll see!

SORRY NO PIC FOR THIS REVIEW, THE COMPUTER ISN'T COOPERATING!

Song stuck in my head today: Lots of Spice Girls ;)

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment