Friday, September 3, 2010

Tryouts: Day #5 (we can skip 4!)

"How do YOU think you did?"
It's like a staredown. My whole face is shaking, as I'm trying to make the awkward eye contact with the Varsity soccer coach. I don't know what to do, so I just sit there hoping they don't notice the twitching in my eye, why am I shaking?!
"I think I did good, I'm just proud of myself in the end. I'm glad knowing I tried."
A smile comes across my face to show I am genuinely proud of myself. I didn't just say that because we basically rehearsed it yesterday. A smile spreads across her face too,
"That's great! It really shows your confidence. You should be proud."
More smiling. Should I be smiling?? I'm still not informed here: did I make it or what?! Just tell me!
"Thank you."
"We're going to keep you on JV."
Whoosh! I'm still shaking, but now it's because I'm fighting the urge to get up and dance. Thank God! This week really was worth it after all.

I won't bother telling you the rest. I didn't want to hear it, I wanted to leave and tell my friends! So you don't want to hear them ramble on about my grest work ethic and lack of technical skills either. Point is:

I made it.

Armed with a frozen bottle of Gatorade and plenty of ice and band-aids, I made it.


JV, that is.

It feels so good! It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Hell week is over, and we can go on living life! I'm so happy I made it and I really hope this season is good. Even though I know the coach (from what I heard) isn't the best, I really hope I improve. Already though, I can see the thoughts being processed by everyone. Varsity. There it goes again! It's like someones playing it on a constant loop inside your head. I can tell people want to move on to the next thing, and that's a year away! I think sometimes we really need to take things day by day, so don't worry if you make it next year. Worry about this year.



This is what I felt like for that spilt second. Just relief, y'know?

So yeah! Haha, I made it. That's basically it. ☺

Song stuck in my head today: ...

Keep on keepin' on,

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment